The new Habitat collection walks the line between sense and style. It’s the sort of collection that you have to actually get into to get why we’re crazy about it. Though once you’re in it, we doubt you’ll want to step out.
Suzanne Williams, the Wonder Woman behind the brand, started Habitat after years of working in the fashion industry and realizing that the options for women were close to nil. It seemed like everything was either made for women in their early 20s or stuffy styles that made the wearer look (and feel) boxed in.
With Habitat, each piece is fitted for real women with a variety of body types. The designers use a size 8 fit model among other sizes, instead of just a size 2 or 4 model, which many other companies use.
Their spring line has the classic gingham summer pattern, mixed with peplum cuts and mod shifts, making it dynamic and fresh for spring.
Why We Love It
- Styled to size: Everything from the tunics to the flood pants is made for real women (not the ones frequently photoshopped in glossy magazines).
- Light on weight, heavy on style: These fabrics are meant for summer. They’re light enough to work outside in, but stylish enough to wear out to brunch.
- Shape up: The cuts are fitted without being snug. They slim down the waist without showing it off.
How to Wear It
- Shifting styles: Try the mod-style shift dress and keep it simple: toss on a pair of espadrilles and a scarf and you’re good to go for the day. At night, try wearing a long-sleeved shirt underneath, collared if you’re looking for something with a bit more flare. Add some chunky jewelry and you’re ready for a night on the town (staying warm and in style).
- White out: We love the collared peplum shirt. It’s perfect to pair with your favorite pair of white jeans. It’s a crisp style that is the ultimate summer look.
- Lined with love: This collection is filled with button-downs that fall perfectly on the body, giving you a stylish silhouette you actually feel good in. Try one with an asymmetrical hemline, like our striped aloe-colored tunic. Pair it with denim or your favorite white capris.